Friday, June 18, 2010

Chicks vs Dicks, Sporting Events and Sex

I'm one of those Chicks who really enjoys sports. I like watching sports, I like playing sports, and I like drinking beer while I do both of those things. I also know the rules of most sports (especially football)... not because I want to impress all the Dicks* in my life, but because I ENJOY sports (shocking!).

However, when I really get into a game, it's passionate, it's emotional (for me), it's draining. Chicks get emotional about things they care about. Dicks, on the other hand, get worked up, but I don't think sporting events are emotionally draining, like they are to Chicks.

Case in point... the NBA Finals last night. Lakers vs Celtics, game 7. Disclaimer: I am a Celtics fan living in California. I was on the edge of my seat, I was biting my nails, I was screaming at the TV, throwing things at Kobe, and calling people names my mother would be ashamed of. At the end of the game, when the refs decided the Lakers should win, I had to step outside. Not because I needed air, but because my boyfriend NEEDED to watch the replay, NEEDED to see the highlights, and NEEDED to watch the trophy ceremony. Dicks like technique, Chicks like emotions. It's amazing how sports and sex are so alike.

Therefore, if you'd ever like to get in my pants, it's important that you know my passionate likes and dislikes...

My very passionate LIKES:
  • Denver Broncos (I basically bleed orange and blue)
  • John Elway, Shannon Sharpe, Terrell Davis, Eddie McCaffrey
  • Boston Celtics
  • Boston Red Socks
  • Colorado Avalanche
My very passionate DISLIKES:
  • Oakland Raiders
  • All Raider Fans
  • Brett Favre
  • NY Yankees
  • NY Yankee Fans
  • Kobe Bryant
  • LA Lakers
  • Lakers Fans (this one is particularly difficult since I live in Southern California and the majority of people here would pay loads of money to suck off Kobe Bryant)
  • Detroit Red Wings
Yes, my dislikes outweigh my likes, but once you're on my "Likes" list, I'm loyal through and through. Kind of like most men in my life.

Who's on your like/dislike list? 

*In this post, and this post only, I refer to "Dicks" as those of us who have male parts, NOT as those of use who have male parts and are also assholes.

No comments:

Post a Comment